Keeping the Holidays Simple
During the holidays, 20% more waste is created at Christmas than at any other time during the year. Landfills receive more than one billion Christmas cards, 8,000 tonnes of wrapping paper (that's over 50,000 trees) and over 38,000 miles of ribbon. That's enough to tie a bow around the Earth. There's a better way to celebrate the holidays.
Whether your goal for the New Year is to heal yourself or do your part to heal the planet, we hope these 10 organic principles will help guide you as you formulate your plan into clear action items. Remember, nothing gets accomplished in one day. But with a hundred tiny steps we can all make a difference.
Organic Principles for 2016
1) Stay open to the power of new possibilities
2) Practice ethical shopping. Buy wisely, consume less.
3) Challenge convenience
4) Restore. Give native plants for potting and planting.
5) Whether guest or gift-giver, say no to GMO chemically altered foods and branded bottled water;
6) Support your local farmer throughout the year;
8) Whether bag or gift, Say no to plastic,
9) When shopping be an urban triathlete: walk, bike or transit to shops;
10) Commit -- it's your future.
Peace to all.