The details follow, but right away we can assure you of the following. Any information that we gather is used for internal purposes only, unless prior consent is obtained from you. Visitors are not required to give any information at any point within our site, although from time to time we may ask you for additional information to help us measure our effectiveness.
* Any information you to provide to us will be protected against loss or misuse.
* We should make clear that the Organic Principle site links to other websites that may have different privacy policies, over which we have no control.
* We last updated this statement on May 16, 2011. We may update our statement in the future to address new issues or to reflect changes on our website, so we encourage you to check back often. We may also contact you to tell you about substantial changes that we make.
What We Collect
Visitors to our Web Site
Organic Principle does not collect any personal information from you when you browse www.organicprinciple.com. We do not use "cookies" or other internal tracking mechanisms. Our web server provides us with standard web usage statistics (e.g., most popular pages, number of visitors, etc). We use this kind of information internally, to find out what's working about our site and to improve our content and our services. This data does not include any personally identifying information.
Subscribers to the Organic Principle Newsletter
At the time you subscribe, we ask you to provide limited and optional personal information to help us understand who we are reaching. The only required information is your email address (so we can email you the newsletter!) We will ask you for your first and last name, your organization name and job title (if applicable), your city, province and postal code and your email address. We may also ask you about special interests you may have. We will not share your information outside of the
Organic Principle organization.
When we send out the Organic Principle newsletter, we track the following:
* did subscribers receive it? was it opened?
* which links if any were clicked?
This information is used internally to help us determine what is of interest. We do not sell or distribute this information in any way to anyone outside the Organic Principle organization.
How information is Used
We collect and process information that you provide in order to:
* deliver the newsletter, updates or other resources to you
* respond to your questions related to the work of the Organic Principle
* with your permission, send you additional information about Organic Principle's work
* evaluate and modify our web site and newsletter and other communications activities inform our organizational strategies and operations.
* We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
The Required Legal Lingo:
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act(s) [of] 1984 and 1998 (as applicable), the Organic Principle must store, host and otherwise process the information (including personal data) supplied by the subscribers of our newsletter. The Organic Principle may send such data outside the European Economic Area for processing. If you reside in the European Union (EU), we will ask for your consent that the personal information you have provided may be transferred and stored in countries outside of the EU, including the United States .
How Your Information is Protected
We limit access to your information to those Organic Principle employees, such as administrators, who need it for administrative and programming purposes. Please note that while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you choose to transmit through the use of the Organic Principle website. We are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that inadvertently receive your personal information.
How to contact us about your personal information or other privacy issues
You can also reach us via mail at:
1562 King Street West, Ste 100
Toronto , Ontario M6K 1J7